Translate

Monday, March 23, 2009

Pruning

Every year, I prune what is the garden of my life. We cannot grow, we cannot blossom, if we do not prune. Those that have known me for awhile, know the process. For you who are just getting to know me, it's weird but did you expect anything less?Pruning means I sit down and take a look at the year, at my life. I face things I don't want to face. I smile at things that I do. I take a hard look at what's holding me back, what's causing pain, what is stopping me from growing.

Literally and figuratively. I clean clutter, throw away garbage that's piled up, and make room for new and wonderful things. "What do you mean?" asked a friend of mine, "do you clean your house?" Yes, it my house, but, more importantly, my life.The most difficult thing to do is prune people, but I do. Sounds crazy? Of course, it is but it's a must. There may be people in your life (and we all have them) that are negative, constantly focusing on all that you dont have, constantly bringing you down. They've got to go! Those are the weeds. There is just so much you can try to convert a weed into a flower. It doesn't happen. As long as you have weeds, you won't grow.So, this week I am pruning. :o)

Not much to prune, I'm happy to report. Just a little here and there. I'm looking forward to 2009. I have put all my troubles in the Hands of the Lord, especially that that I cannot handle on my own. I will laugh often, as much as I can. I will love unconditionally remembering that I am here to do God's work; and, God's work is simple. I will remember that regardless of how difficult my life has been at times, it has been amazing always; and, He has never let me down.

I am so grateful that my friends, my family, and all that I have. I have met such wonderful people. And you have all reinforced my faith and my love in God. We are all connected. We are all here to help each other get through this mess... called life. Now let's just do it with a big old smile on our face!

I love you all. Much Love & Peace in 2009!

I wrote this in January of 2009, it's time to take a loook and prune again.

No comments:

Post a Comment