Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2009

365 Valentines


In my quest for love as a single woman in Miami, I have decided that everyday will be Valentine’s Day for the next year.


I remember when I was little in school we used to give Valentine’s Day cards. Didn’t you love getting them? Wasn’t it fun? I loved making valentines out of red paper and passing them out. I loved the sweet hearts with the messages. I loved the pretty chocolate hearts. I loved the feeling of love.


I have thought about Valentine’s Day a lot this year. I have decided that everyday should be Valentine’s Day. Why should we only say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day? Why should we only give Valentine’s Day Cards on Valentine’s Day? Why can’t we love, share our love, and give love every day?


Today, I will go out and buy 365 Valentine’s Day cards and for the next 365 days I will pass out these cards to everyone. I will send one Valentine’s Day e-mail a day. Those I love. Those I know. Those I don’t.


Therefore, do not be surprised if in the middle of July, while you are sitting by the pool, sipping a cool refreshing drink, you get a Valentine’s Card from yours truly.

Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment