Translate

Monday, August 3, 2009

Why I Write

"No Tears in the writer. No tears in the Reader." Robert Frost

Writing is more than just a craft or a talent, it is flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood. When I write, I open my heart and soul and pour every emotion into the blank pages before me. The colors come alive not with a paint brush or paints but with words.
I sit quietly listening to the voices in the silence that feed the words. Words that will come alive in my pages. I listen to the rain and the sound of the pain of every rain drop. I hear the laughter of the butterflies that frolic in the yellow roses in a random garden. I grasp the shade of blue in the ocean and spill it on to the white page before me. I never cease to ask questions and wait for the answers that come in the form of all that is created by the Master's hand.
I open my heart, and in doing so, I invite the reader into the world born from all that is within me. If I do not shed tears then the reader will not cry. If I do not laugh then the reader will not find joy. My infinite and daunting task is to bring the reader into my heart, open the door to my soul, extend a chair, and let them into to the depths of all of my emotions. In doing so, I become naked and at the mercy of the reader.
If I cannot become one with the reader than I am not a writer.


Lucy Tamajon

1 comment:

  1. Writing is difficult because you have to give all that you are. The more I give of myself, the more I want to hide away because it is so painful to open yourself up to the world.

    Poetry is the most difficult of things for me to share. I have great poets that are my idols, therefore, I find myself constantly doubting my ever word.

    Poetry is difficult because one must find a way to describe an emotion with few words. It is my belief that less is more in poetry. Few words to let your heart bleed onto the white paper and bring the reader into your pain.

    Most of my poetry is dark and relays a side of me that very few know, if anyone. I will try to humbly share my poetry. I ask forgiveness for its lack of literary sophistication.

    Love & Peace

    ReplyDelete