Translate

Monday, December 20, 2010

Do you see what I see

It is so easy to forget about the true meaning of Christmas. We get caught up in the lights, pretty boxes and bows. There just never seems to be enough gifts under the tree. We want more, more, more and forget the message.

I understand. It is so easy to get caught up in the glimmer and luster of all those beautiful gifts. I love the gifts in pretty boxes with bright bows too. I adore them. However, it's never been about the gift for me, it's always been about the person giving the gift. If you really think about it, the gift means little when it doesn’t come from the heart.

Christmas is about new beginnings, about letting go of all the old ways of the past, and starting over. Christmas is about giving of ourselves from our soul, not giving meaningless objects. Christmas is a smile to a stranger, a helping hand to a friend, a note of inspiration, a kind word, a good laugh, and a warm hug. Christmas is a message to the world that there is love for all and that God's gift is so much greater than any pretty little box under a tree. Christmas is believing that there is more than all the earthly distractions.

Christmas is believing in Santa Claus who magically gives all that he has to all that truly needs it. Christmas is knowing that regardless of what is wrong with the world, our hearts can heal it all because love is so much bigger than anything else. It’s the hope that one baby brings to a dark universe.

This Christmas my gifts will be hard to wrap. Some of my friends may not even know that I gave them a gift, but I have. My children will get their Christmas wishes because their mom still believes in Santa, and I've put in a good word for them.

As for mom, well, the only thing I want for Christmas is to be able to get back into my size 2 skinny jeans. Man, all this eggnog and fruitcake is brutal on a girl.


Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2010

9 comments:

  1. may all your wiahes come true.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will need a lot of nip / tuck to fit into those size 2 jeans! Good luck with that fattie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... that's okay 3/4 is not too bad... happy where I am, who I am, and sooooooo comfortable in my beautiful skin <3

    You sound a little bitter there, anonymous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3/4? You wish dear! You are so comfortable that you have been working out non stop trying to loose weight. How are those dance classes going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeap... 3/4 =) I love my dance classes.. I love dance... I do it to stay in shape, keep myself motivated, and just to have fun and a good time. You know life is so short, before we know it ... poof we're gone... I have fun every chance I get... you should try it... let go of the anger and bitterness and have a little fun...

    Not that I owe someone that doesn't have the balls to post something with his name an explanation, but I am so very comfortable in my own skin... love all of me... I've had three amazing life births... and I love who I am.. sorry to disappoint... but I am really happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, "anonymous" this post was about Christmas... what's up with the personal attacks.. have a little egg nog my friend, you'll be gone before you know it... life is short for all your hate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3/4 is a Junior size...geared towards Juniors....perhaps you should start dressing as well as acting yoour age. Again with the licquor comment. Put the booze down already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. if you must know, Juniors I'm a 7/8... so there Hater... lol ... I guess you know little of fashion...

    And you should have a little egg nog, that or take the stick out of your butt... you're really uptight... lol...

    thanks for the laughs...

    ReplyDelete