Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Visions of Shoes Danced in my Head

I am not one to be skittish about bugs. As a matter of fact, while my friends are freaking out over a little itty bitty roach, I stumped it dead while wearing my black and gold 2-inch single strap flats, scooped up the guts from her floor, took a sip of my wine, and dumped the corpse in the kitchen trash. The End, problem solved.

However, yesterday, I spoke with my son about some of his experiences in Kuwait. During the conversation, he mentioned the fact that there were six-foot lizards in the deserts, among other “friendly creatures.” “What! That’s not a lizard! That’s Godzilla” I yelled in horror. “Yeah, well, they are more like dragons.” He said. I was horrified. I don’t know about anybody else, but if I would see a six-foot lizard headed towards me, I’d get the “Yadda” out of there!

Then a friend said, “Think of the nice bag it would make”. I stopped dead on my tracks, no pun intended. “And, the shoes! “ I smiled. Suddenly, Godzilla looked very appealing and the fear had disappeared. “Damn, for a pair of pumps and a bag, I wrestle the creature myself! Let me at him.”

In order to understand my take on this, you need to know about my love and my obsession with shoes. Shoes make everything better for me. When I am sad, feeling down, feeling happy, excited, or bored; I shop for shoes. I look at the new designer lines and dream of them. I love everything about shoes. From Milan to New York City, from the patton-leather mary jane two tone platforms (no not an urban legend) to the metallic bronze 6-inch strappy sandal, I love them all.

As I spoke to my son and the visions of shoes danced in my head, “only you mom can take a desert storm, a mission in Kuwait, and a 6-ft dragon, and turn it into a pair of shoes.” He signed. “Think of it! If everyone was turning dragons into shoes what a wonderful world it would be!”


Lucy Tamajon
Writer

Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment