Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Comeback Kid

I write because there is a great need that stems from my inner being to  regurgitate what is inside of me on to a blank piece of paper.  It's therapy if you will.  It has never been my intent to publish or post any of my inner thoughts.  

Then one day, someone said, "You should blog."  This after I told her one of my crazy stories. She even said she may publish me and she did in a very short lived on-line magazine, The Savvy Times.  I was shocked that anyone would be interested in reading the insanity that is in my brain let alone publish it.  But, it happened; and, my blog took off.

At the end of last summer, my blog had reached seven thousand plus readers (views).  I was humbled by this and the amount of private messages I'd received.  I am by far the most messed up person I know.  I own it, and to think that anyone would look to anything I said as guidance was mind boggling.  

One day, a friend said, "How much attention do you want anyway?  You have a blog, a fan page, and FB page, how much more do you want?"  I was hurt because this was never my intention.  Contrary to popular belief, I do not like the spotlight.  I am quite content being in the shade, a simple mushroom, under an oak tree.  This has been my quest (another story for another time).  However, the Universe has had another plan for me.  Nonetheless, her words were so piercing and judgmental that it all came down.  The blog and the fan page.  I kept my FB because I have so many beautiful friends I love and I like to keep in touch.  I retrieved into a spiritual cave and decided to do a little soul searching.  Was I really an attention hoarder?  I knew I wasn't.  All I knew was that there were people that read my madness, related to it, and somehow it helped them.  

It has been an intense year, heck, an intense life for that matter.  Spiritual journeys are never easy, often painful, and enlightenment comes in doses, in small shots of "Ah Ha" moments that we must work on daily.  We are all imperfect in many ways, this is okay.  We are all in search of the same things, happiness, peace, and love.  We are more the same than different.  And, those who judge, who point fingers, you seek to destroy our happiness do so out of their own insecurities and fears.  I have come to the realization that the only sole purpose for our existence is our happiness and self acceptance.  We can only work on ourselves, make ourselves happy, and must find inner peace before anything else happens. The journey is ours alone.  We cannot be "fixed" by others, and we do not "fix" others.

Having said that, I write because I find great joy and pleasure in it.   It brings me peace. It is my gift from the Universe.  We all have a special gift and discovery is fabulous.  If you don't like it, I don't care.  If you do, great.  If you can relate that's just awesome.  If you don't. oh well, you must be a much better person with zero issues perhaps you should be writing instead.

The first lesson, as we embark on a new journey and create a brand new path to self-acceptance is do what makes you happy.  Ignore the comments and opinions of those around you.  You can hear the voice in your heart loud and clear.  You know deep down the truth, do not let anyone dim the light that shines from within.  You are a beautiful wonderful soul created in light and with love.  Once you discover the beauty that shines from within your very heart, the fear in others will subside.  Because it will be your light that brings light into their dark hearts.

You may be down, you may be hurting, things may not look bright.  I tell you pick yourself up dust off the insults, the negativity, and the ugliness that surrounds you.  And shine.  Shine as you were meant to shine.  Shine so bright that you will blind the Nay Sayers with the light of your love.  You are the Come Back Kid, nothing can bring you down ever again.

2 comments: