Translate

Friday, June 20, 2014

Bloom where you're planted


Bloom where your planted and the universe will take care of repotting you when you're ready not when you want.

I spent the first few years of my young life living in a room with my father, mother, and brother. One room in a house where my grandmother and great grandmother also had a room. Later we lived in an apartment. I recently looked up the square footage out of curiosity, 494 square feet. Our family lived in a spacious one-bedroom apartment of 494 square feet! I thought as a child it was a mansion, and it was.

We have to realize that we are exactly where we need to be at exactly the moment we need to be there. The universe is unbelievably powerful, we are just great doubters and manipulators of our own destiny. We decide we want something and we get impatient, we move, shift, and manipulate what we must to make it happen. Instead what we should be doing is allowing the universe to work for us naturally.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that being ambitious and going for what you want is a bad thing. I'm just saying that what we want and what we need are two very different things. We may want a big house, a fancy car, lots of great designer clothes. We may want vacations after vacations, and throw money around just because. And, there's nothing wrong with any of those things, but those things are not what we are made of. They may not be what we need.

All of us wonders at some point or another, “What is my purpose? Why am I here?” We think that we are defined by the things we have. If we are successful, if we drive a fancy car, we live in a big house, etc. etc., then we have found our purpose. But that is not the case. None of those things define us or our purpose. Instead, that endless quest for something bigger and better only bring restlessness and disappointment to our hearts. Because we simply cannot be satisfied and must be always looking for something more.

Our purpose, is simple, happiness. And, happiness comes from within, it is not where we live, what we drive, or what we own. Those things do not define our happiness. It just comes from inside our very soul and it will be the only thing that we take with us when we continue our spiritual journey.

Today, look around and take great joy in where the universe has planted you and be grateful regardless of our circumstances. Be grateful and bloom! When you have bloomed and outgrown you beautiful flower pot, the Universe will take care of the rest.



Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2014

1 comment:

  1. Great job with your blog. I want to try one out but I wasn't sure how to get started. I may hit you up for some advice.

    ReplyDelete