Translate

Monday, January 16, 2012

"Forever... or maybe for just right now"


Forever, there is a loaded word if ever I heard one.  How do we time “forever”?  What does it mean?   It’s absurd to expect anyone would comply with such a word.

“I’ll love you forever.  I will be with you forever.  I will eat healthy forever.  I will work out forever.  I will take care of you forever”.  It’s a ridiculous word and should be banished from the universe’s vocabulary.  How can anyone know what they will do “forever”? 

 I had to ask myself (well, I didn’t but this is what I do), why would anyone make such a promise and why would we want anyone to make such a promise?  Are we as human beings so insecure that we need to hear someone make a promise that they will probably be unable to keep and ultimately both parties be miserable.  One sorry that forever wasn’t forever, and the other reminding them of the failed promise.

Nothing lasts forever.  It is impossible.  Things change.  Evolve.  Life is a metamorphous; a constant evolution that brings on new things leaving the old, tired, and worn out behind.  We shed layers of ourselves, we grow, we flourish anew, we learn, and we move forward.  We don’t stay planted in the same place for long because we often outgrow the pot we’ve bloomed in and our minds must be repotted so they can grow and our souls sore.  Life constantly shifts and rebalances itself, it is the essence of living.

Now, we make this promise, “forever”.  And, we are bound by guilt, remorse, and anguish to fulfill it.  Instead, we need to understand that love has no expectations and that living is enjoying the moment.  There are no calendars nor clocks in our hearts, promises need not be made, loving is unconditional and “forever “ is composed of many, “for just right now.”  


PS.. I know I'm going to get hit left and right with this one... lol.. all comments are welcomed as usual =)

Written by
Lucy Tamajon

Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2012

2 comments:

  1. Im not hiting u at all...I happen to agree with the perfect practicality and the simplicity of it all.....You either love or you don't...We will not know now if it will be forever or not....Forever is unknow....For now is what we know for csrtain....You either do or you don't.........Tini.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.. this was a great blog.. I loved all the responses on FB!

      Delete