Translate

Saturday, November 21, 2009

ACT II

I have been in a creative retreat from writing. Well, maybe not from writing but from posting here on face book.. I just haven't been "in the mood" to deal with some of the characters. Shakespeare spoke of the world being a stage and we merely it's players. I wonder what he would say of the stage that is face book. And, friends, no doubt it is a stage.

Yesterday, my friend, Sal, posted a note that referenced a note he wrote last year at around the same time. It triggered my memory, rewind 2009. Suddenly, it was November of 2008 , and two notes posted from two very different people came to mind. He wrote a note about reaching out to those we loved. I wrote about believing in Santa Claus. We both had a message, and I wondered if anyone took five to read and absorb them. I did.

We are so busy, I know. All the dishes, wash, the floors need scrubbing, there's a tiny spec of dirt on the wall. There's dusting to be done, bills to pay, TV to watch, doing groceries, cooking, and sitting in grid lock traffic. We need to do our hair, nails, go to the mall, and, of course, the gym. "Oh, I'll call her tomorrow.", we think. "I'll stop by next Saturday, and say 'hi'." But, minutes turn into hours, hours into days, days into years; and, then we're gone. Puff.

Face book provides us the opportunity to chat, talk, vent, laugh, and share with our friends and those that aren't but love to stick their nose in our lives anyway. We get to be ourselves or not. We take silly quizzes, play silly games, and we post nonsense on walls. I'm amazed at how seriously some take all the nonsense, and how we dismiss all the important stuff. I'm amazed how frivolous people are and self-absorbed. And, the drama. My goodness, Shakespeare would be amazed at all the drama.

So, here we are,. Doing it all over again. 2009 with all it's flair or lack there of, with all the drama, nonsense, and little specs of dirt that are so insignificant. Have we learned anything from last year? We were given a chance to perform yet another act. Our contract was renewed. Did we do it any better? Or, did we do it all over again, the same, forgetting promises made, and saying "oh, I'll call her tomorrow." Not taking five to just smile or post a heart on someone's wall.

See my friends, this world we live in is a stage; our lives, merely a script produced by the All
Mighty. And, without notice, our final act is written, the curtain drops, and we must take our final bow. Make sure you get a standing ovation because nothing else matters.

The sun rises on another glorious day. She sits silently by her window sipping her coffee. Her memory fades to years gone by; the words that were never said. She smiles and thinks, "what if?"




Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment