Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Green Eyed Monster

Sometimes, one has to take a step back to be able to see the forest. We're blind even though we are standing in the thick of the woods, we can't see the forest for the trees. We get too caught up in the minor details that are meaningless and miss the important stuff.

My beef this week is with women. Sorry, ladies but it is. Insecurity, jealousy, envy, guilt, greed, and self-pity. I know that all of these emotions apply equally to men, but it's not men that I have an issue with. Men are men. Easy to figure out, easy to understand, just easy. Women drive me nuts.

I have never, ever been a jealous person. Those that know me and know my history know this to be true. Therefore, it is really difficult for me to understand jealousy. I just don't get it.

I don't get women that are jealous of other women's looks, wealth, relationships, and success. I don't understand women that are so jealous that their husbands cannot have a conversation with another woman. In my opinion, if you cannot trust the man you are with, why are you with him?

I had a conversation with a really good friend of mine about this the other day. I was trying to understand, I just pissed her off more as the conversation went on. She is a jealous woman. Why? I don't know. She's smart, beautiful, and is great to be around. She gets extremely jealous when her boyfriend even looks in the direction of another woman. If there's a beautiful woman, why wouldn't he look? What's wrong with that? If there's a gorgeous man, don't we look? Nothing wrong with that. It's natural.

So, maybe someone can try to explain jealousy to me. I've heard it all. If you are not jealous, you don't love the person. I think it is the opposite. When there is true love, there can't be jealousy or any of those other negative emotions. There just can't be. I'm left pondering, how can jealousy grow where love blooms?

Lucy Tamajon
Writer

Copyright ©Lucy Tamajon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment