Translate

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Through the Looking Glass

I stood before the mirror this morning, and I wondered what was on the other side. More specifically, who? Did I even know that person staring at me, and could I cross over into her world? Maybe it was a better world? Maybe she had answers to some of my questions? She must, she looked familiar. Did she know why nothing had turned out as “planned”. Surely, she would know. And, so, I stepped through the looking glass.

As I did so, everything was in reverse. It was as if I was looking at an “old fashion” negative of a picture. Everything was on the opposite side. Up was down. Left was right. Black was white. The colors did not correspond. The sky was not blue, but purple. The oceans were soft and calm; and the moon was within reach. I walked through her world, and I found comfort in the peace that she showed me. As we sat on a star, we shared thoughts.

She did not question the choices made, they were all good, they were all necessary. She did not torture herself with guilt about how she had loved. She did not expect much from those around her. She had no disappointment about how she raised her children because they were not “hers”, they belonged to the world. She was grateful for being a vessel to bring them forth. She understood happiness, it stems from within. She took time to point out the “things” around her, noting that they were not mere “things” but details within a beautiful painting. There was so much comfort in her being. Her smile was bright, and as I stared at her, I knew everything would be alright.

As I stepped in front of the mirror again ready to journey back; somehow, I did not recognize who I was at all. I wondered if I wanted to journey back into my “old” world. The world through the looking glass seemed so much more beautiful. Perfect.

I looked at the woman again, she was young, carefree, and childlike. I know I've seen her before. I hesitated, and asked a simple question, “Can I stay?” She smiled. “You've never left. You just need to shed the layers of falseness created by the world you live in and not the world you were born into.”

2 comments:

  1. A reflection of "The Master"......

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly... all that we need is right within us. We have everything we need right at our fingertips =)

    ReplyDelete