Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back to the Future

It's funny how life works. I am one who believes that looking back at your past gets you little. It really doesn't do much to wallow in the past for how can you move forward, if you are stuck in the past.

However, this weekend has thrown me a huge curve ball, and if I learned anything from sitting at dozens upon dozens of my boys baseball games, it's how to hit a curve. You sit back, wait, and swing.

I am sitting, as we speak, and looking back into my past to find my future. I fear that I may turn into a pillar of salt; or melt away into a puddle of regrets; or perhaps, I may just simply find the answers to my destiny burried in the past.

Either way, I must head out on an excavation of sort. I must dig deep and search far into the past to move forward in my life. I'm prepared for this journey of the heart.

I'm excited for what will I find on this quest Back to the Future?

How about you? What dreams have you burried deep in your heart that need to be rescued?

2 comments:

  1. At this point in my life I realize what older folks meant when I would hear, I am soul searching, or I am on a quest. Jump into that quest, it will be worth it. Never loose faith, dreams do come true. =)
    -rg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we ever really stop searching. I think that is what this mortal life is, an eternal search for something "more". I sometimes have to wonder what it must be like thought to find inner peace.... the kind you only get when you come to terms with all that is.

    ReplyDelete